Friday, April 30, 2021

Digital Art - Boss Arena #2

 

I started gathering reference for my throne room arena, particularly trying to find images that would help me create good looking shapes but practical ones. I wanted the room to emanate an angelic atmosphere but still have functional aspects- for example adding pillars and arches in cool shapes for aesthetic but also so that the player can use them as cover in the level.

I also noted from my reference what kind of colours worked best in this type of environment. I knew that the majority of royal rooms use lots of whites, creams and gold but seeing what accent colours would work well within the scene to add some contrast was also very important.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...