Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Digital Art - Apocalypse Vehicle #8

 

With the base being sorted, I moved my vehicle forward by implementing the other shape elements that created the overall silhouette. I continuously took sections of photographs, manipulated them then drew over the to get them to blend the way I wanted, moving all over the piece to keep it cohesive. Some portions required me to just draw directly onto the vehicle rather than manipulate a photo (for example the triangular windows) just because they were a bit too specific to find a photograph that fit the shape and perspective I wanted. I was very focused when doing this to make the drawing blend well with the rest of the vehicle and didn’t look too outlandish.  


I also started to implement some details in like logos and colour variations, mainly to get a scope on how well they carry against the large frame. It was a case of if they were too small or too blended to see then there was no point in giving them immense detail. Identifying this meant I could spend less time on areas that weren’t adding as much to the vehicle as a whole.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...