Friday, December 18, 2020

Traditional Art - Jack the Ripper Environment #8

 My preparatory sketches for my Jack the Ripper environment consisted of me thumbnailing ideas in terms of composition, tonal range and line work.

From experimenting with these sketches I knew I wanted a distinct value range that showed a of contrast- I wanted there to be faded lights against deep darks. Having this would make for a clearer silhouettes in an environment that could be quite dark and brooding. Strong contrasts coupled with a composition that is quite tunnelled (Like looking straight down a street) could make for a better focal point as your eyes will be guided. In regards to linework I wanted to see were details could be brought in to the landscape and thought roof tiles and street objects with varying line weight could bring some interesting details to the piece. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...