Friday, April 30, 2021

Digital Art - Boss Arena #5

 

Progressing with my boss battle arena, I sketched over my 3D blockout with all the key details and assets for my scene. This was things like window details, banners and drapery, decorative weaponry, etc. I referred back to my initial moodboard quite a bit when sketching to ensure that my design work somewhat made sense and the shapes didn’t feel impossible to make. It was at this point that all of the major decisions were made in terms of arrangement of objects and lighting so what I needed to do when rendering was very clear in my mind. 

I’d considered not really creating this lineart-sketch initially and instead kind of doing it as I went along but I decided against that, mainly because I felt that could get messier down the line and it would be harder to make any necessary changes that way. Also there would be a risk that the room wouldn’t feel very cohesive if I approached different areas at different times. This sketch over I felt was key to getting a good balance and harmony overall and it’d be much easier going forward applying colours and referring back to details within the space.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...