Friday, April 30, 2021

Digital Art - Boss Arena #6

 

After spending quite some time rendering, I felt it was safe to call my final render complete.

I spent quite a lot of time when adding colour making sure that everything had good enough readability within the scene. As the colour scheme I had chosen was quite muted for the majority of it, it was very easy for parts like the walls and the columns to blend together and look like one object. Getting the right amount of contrast without it being too overwhelming was a difficult balance but I think overall it worked out in the end.

With the rendering style being stylized and simplistic to a degree, it was also a bit challenging to get different materials to read as what they were like gold, marble, tone, etc. I feel as though I might have had an easier time if I were rendering in a more realistic style but I was committed to the stylization so it was a challenge I had to over come. Adding overlay layers with slight airbrushing in certain areas helped in this case to some vary surface values to different materials, getting them to read better.

Overall though I like how the final render came out, especially at the throne with the rocks and chains. In future I’d probably change the image resolution a bit and make it more widescreen so you get a bigger scope of the area or, alternatively, add alongside an aerial point of view of the whole stage so that you can get a better understanding that the room is a complete circle and it’s mirrored all around. This was good practice of my approach to painting bigger environments and I know which areas now to focus more in future to improve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...