Friday, May 14, 2021

Traditional art - Figure Studies #6

 

For my figure drawing studies, I chose to do quick timed sketches (10 minutes for each sketch) rather than longer, more detailed studies. I chose this method because I can be quite rigid in the sketching stage when it comes to full or three-quarter figures and with that rigidness, I can draw things disproportionately or just not have enough time to get the whole figure in place. By limiting myself to a much shorter time and tasking myself to get the major forms in place, I can focus on the body as a whole and not become fixated on specific areas for too long. I feel like I was able to effectively pinpoint how to convey a shape with minimal lines and how that works with the figure as a whole.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...