Friday, April 30, 2021

Digital Art - Boss Arena #1

 

To start this boss battle arena project, I spent some time coming up with various ideas that I could potentially develop further into a full stage design. I noted down some broad terms like “modern train station” or “grungy sewer” and gathered starting reference to see if I could get an idea of how the level could work in my head. I wanted to take the more action-adventure game route so doing this definitely helped me pin point what areas I could take further and which would probably lead to something not so interesting (in my opinion).

From these starting ideas I landed on the concept of a high fantasy, angelic throne room. I liked this idea because I felt like I could add a lot more storytelling to the room design which could push the design in interesting ways. I could play around with repeating motifs in the scene, important shapes and could have a clear focal point in the room which could be where the boss spawns in or something like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...