Friday, April 30, 2021

Digital Art - Boss Monster #1

 

Starting my boss monster design was fairly simply as this was in partnership with the boss battle arena I’d just made. I knew immediately I wanted the boss to feel as though it was one with the environment you fight them in. I wanted to take the angle of the boss being a corrupted monarch that gained angelic powers and ascended- so immediately from that I wanted aspects of the environment to be reflected in the boss’s design. 

I created a moodboard, mainly drawing inspiration towards games like Bayonetta that have extreme angelic designs for some of their monsters. I wanted to draw upon the kind of details they put into their bosses and imitate that in mind. I also knew I wanted my boss to be in a humanoid shape so that it fits better within the throne room arena. I felt that if I went more along the animalistic route it would clash with some of the design choices that I’d made for the arena- humanoid was just a safer bet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...