Friday, April 30, 2021

Digital Art - Boss Monster #2


Continuing with my boss monster, I created some basic silhouettes playing around with humanoid shapes and attributes to see what could be immediately visually interesting but also still radiate a kind of angelic power. Going along with the idea of creating a somewhat biblically accurate angel, I thought about how to breakup things like arms, hands, etc, to make them more inhuman whilst still being recognizable. This mainly included breaking up the monster into parts, giving some of the silhouettes an almost robotic appearance to them. 

Some silhouettes were much more abstract just for the sake of trying it out in case I liked it. But I decided that the third silhouette would be the one I develop further. I felt that this silhouette I could experiment with quite a bit more on things like the floating parts near the head, what objects contributed to that head shape, etc, whereas the others were a bit more limiting since it felt like there was only one option for certain parts of the other silhouettes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...