Friday, April 30, 2021

Digital Art - Boss Arena #4

 

Before beginning my final render, I created a simple 3D blockout of the shape of my environment. I used mainly basic primitives without really incorporating in much detail (as some aspects of the final stage I was a bit unsure of) but had enough information that I knew where the major aspects of the scene would be. I’d planned for my final render to be from the perspective of the player so when blocking out in 3D, I scaled everything according to that.

Doing this was much quicker than spending masses amounts of time trying to get the perspective correct manually, having 3D as an additional tool in the pipeline definitely helped with getting technical aspects more accurate. I maybe could have gone further with the 3D base and added parts like the drapery I had in my sketch but I still didn’t want to spend too long making this since this was a 2D project, not a 3D one. I’d planned for my final render to be in a stylized look so having the blockout as just basic shapes was enough since stylization would be painted on top anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...