Friday, April 30, 2021

Digital Art - Boss Arena #3

 

I’d started creating some development sketches for my boss arena, focusing on the flow of the room and where major assets would go. I’d decided from these sketches to create a circular room rather than a rectangular one to kind of imitate a halo, referring back to the angelic aspect of the room. 

These sketches helped me identify what areas I should keep emptier and where I can afford to make things more cluttered. I kept in mind as I was sketching “what would be annoying for the player to move around” and that helped me limit what I added to the overall scene. It was mainly a case of keeping the main floor area clear and having archways all along the edges to provide some depth variation. Coupling this with some starting colour schemes definitely helped me get a clearer idea of how to approach my final render.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...