Friday, May 14, 2021

Traditional Art - Vehicle Study #11

 

For my vehicle drawing, I chose to render a three-wheeled beetle car from the museum virtual tour. With my proprietary thumbnail sketches, I wanted to get a better understanding of the main shape of the car because although it looked pretty simple like a cube, there was actually some complexities that came with the curved of the car. Trying to get the roundness to come across without make it look too round of too flat was a bit difficult but the starting sketches helped with that.

There were minimal major tonal shifts on the actual vehicle but there were some stark highlights on the main peak of each curve so I darkened down the overall tone of the car to get them to read better. I tried to ensure that my shading followed the curves of the car but on aspects like the hood of the car I could’ve neatened up my shading more when going over certain areas to darken down the tone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...