Friday, May 14, 2021

Traditional Art - Clothed Figure #10

 For my three-quarter figure, I used various colour combinations in order to achieve a wider variety of colours within my piece. I had a limited selection of colours to begin with so I had to experiment what colours blended together to create more accurate colours to my reference. The skin was mainly comprised of a mix of orange and light brown, varying the strength to create a more even skin tone. For parts of the drawing like the shadow on the neck and towards the underside of the face, I mixed brown and light blue to create a type of grey colour with flesh undertones to it. At first, I’d considered just using a darker brown but by using blue I was able to get a more accurate shadow according to the lighting of my reference which I thought made for a better finish.

I feel as though this piece helped me improve on my colouring techniques as I’ve experimented with ways of creating colours that I don’t just have on hand and how to blend them more effectively. Things I have picked up from doing this are methods I can definitely take forward into future pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...