Friday, December 4, 2020

Traditional Art - Organic Materials #4

 For my organic materials piece I developed a drawing of fruit, flowers and a cloth to get a range of surface materials to try and render accurately. I tried to compose the piece so there was a good balance between all the objects and they didn’t make the overall piece look too crowded and dysfunctional.

 

When it came to shading, I tried using a method where objects further in the background had a lighter tonal range than the objects in the foreground to give a sense of depth to the composition. I feel as though I could’ve achieved this better by making my foreground objects have a much stronger/darker tonal value so that the gradation towards the background was more obvious and meaningful- I feel in some areas the shading was fairly evenly distributed so it wasn’t as visually effective.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...