Friday, December 4, 2020

Traditional Art - Metal and Glass #5

 

When drawing metallic and glass objects, I prioritised getting the main highlights accurate so that the objects I’d chosen read well as glass and metal.

I darkened the background significantly so I had a reference point as to what my darkest dark is and I could make sure the reflections on the metals and the highlights didn’t get too muddy in comparison and properly stood out. Darkening the background also helped me ensure the darks on some of the metals didn’t get too dark and still held some tonal variation based on the lighting.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...