Friday, December 4, 2020

Traditional Art - Drapery #3

 

With my drapery piece, I wanted to show the difference in folds in a lighter piece of fabric in comparison to a darker piece of fabric, practicing how to get the varying tones correct. My small preliminary sketches helped me identify where the major folds were in each fabric and what kinds of shadows they cast so I could keep in mind when shading how dark to go with my tonal range.

I felt as though my technique for shading could’ve been tighter for this piece, taking more time to get a more even blend, so I will continue to practice what methods of shading are most effective when drawing drapery.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...