Friday, April 30, 2021

Game Production - Group Project #7

 

As gradually my scene became more populated with finished assets, I began the implementation of my moving effects. 

To create the smoke I looked up many tutorials on how to create something decent looking and ended up following one made for fog but I altered it to be the smoke I intended. I created a panning material that I used in my particle before playing around with size, duration and collisions. The creation of the particle was much easier than I thought it would be and I was quite happy with the result considering I’d not really used the system before. I’d placed the smoke coming from the top of the boiler and had it spread just a bit into the main room as to not obscure fully the assets on the ceiling.

 


Additionally, I created the rotating gears that are moving on the ceiling and some parts of the wall. This was a bit more complex than the smoke particle because I had to use blueprints. It was a simple motion so I didn’t have to use many nodes but it was a bit daunting to approach since I didn’t know if connecting the wrong thing would just break everything. But the final motion looks good in my opinion so I’m happy with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...