Friday, April 30, 2021

Game Production - Group Project #2

 

For my steampunk locker room, I started building my room by arranging my flooring and walls. I created a tiling brick texture and a wooden floor texture in Substance Designer to get a starting idea of the colours for the room. I wanted to make sure that the walls and floor were toned back enough so that they weren’t overwhelming to look at and wouldn’t overshadow the assets that would populate the room.

I created some placeholder meshes additionally to get a scope of scale and how the room would feel populated. Having my concept sketch was quite helpful in that I had a better visual of what I would need to change colour wise or layout wise from my initial idea to work better in 3D, but still had a visual of what I should keep to have the environment read as a locker room.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...