Friday, April 30, 2021

Game Production - Group Project #1

 

For the group project, my team agreed on the theme of a steampunk, Victorian factory (that being the artificial element) slowly being taken over by lava (that being the natural element) via some sort of workplace accident. From that, I chose to take room 2 which would be closer to the artificial side since I felt I would be better at creating assets for that style. The room would have minimal natural elements since, across 6 rooms, the build up to fully natural can be more gradual so I’d only incorporate something like smoke or steam into my room. 

I began gathering references for the steampunk style and creating some rough sketches. This theme was a bit challenging to get an idea of how to approach it- the subject of ‘lava filled steampunk factory’ is good in writing but finding the correct approach took quite a bit of thought.


 

I planned for my room to be the locker room for the factory workers, imagining that the backstory for the room was that the factory owner set it up as the locker room a bit last minute so it still has some machinery left behind in it (Just to make it a bit more visually interesting or else the room would be just lockers). Creating simple concepts definitely helped direct me to what would need to be made first and how to organize the room so that it feels full but still functions as a playable level.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...