Friday, April 30, 2021

Game Production - Group Project #3

 

As one of the requirements for my room is to have a moving element, I’ve planned to create a smoke effect that moves along the ceiling of the room and, potentially, moving gears to add to the steampunk element.

Since the smoke would be my main natural element in the scene it’d be fairly important to add- it would be a simple particle effect that collides with the ceiling so it doesn’t pass through and somewhat spreads throughout the room. It’d be coming from an old-fashioned boiler within the room but I don’t want the smoke to be too dark and heavy as to not obscure the room completely. Plus, there’s quite a bit of natural light within the scene so I wouldn’t want it to conflict with that either. I feel I’d need to have my final lighting in place before implementing the effect to ensure one doesn’t overpower the other. 

As for moving gears I would want them moving simply in a spinning motion in place, just to elude to the idea that there’s machinery around making things like the lighting, plumbing, etc, were working. I feel like that could add some nice storytelling aspects, but I’d put adding the smoke as my moving effect as my main priority.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...