Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Game Production - Backyard #9

 

What with everything being modelled now for my backyard slice, I was at the point of simply assembling everything together according to my original sketch. Some things had changed to better suit the scene in 3D but overall, I’ve stayed quite true to what I wanted right from the beginning.

I’d created a dirt texture in Substance Designer and added to the ground via vertex painting, giving the flooring a bit more variation. I implemented the wood and metallic objects and gradually started sorting out the greenery. In 3DSMax I’d sorted out the alpha planes for the foliage and made the plant shapes that I wanted so it was only a matter of arranging and rearranging in unreal to give my final scene a nice flow. Having created my lighting scheme prior was very helpful in seeing what areas of my environment were in shadow so didn’t draw all that much attention and what was in light to lead your eye. I tried to play into this by populating areas in direct light so that the assets make interesting shadows and I could leave those shadowy areas empty.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...