Friday, April 30, 2021

Game Production - Group Project #5

 

The texturing process for my major assets went fairly smoothly as I had gathered quite a lot of reference beforehand to compare against. Since my group are doing more of a realistic style, having more reference was important to get each asset looking just right. I’d also met with my group prior to check the progress of our rooms and talk about texturing. Although we can’t share assets we all would try to make our assets look somewhat cohesive with each other so that the level flows nicely.

I imported and baked my major assets all at the same time so that I could compare the textures against one other more easily. It’s definitely important for all the textures to be unified- if I did the texturing of each asset at different times I’d run the risk of some assets having completely different styles to each other.

After my first pass of texturing, I did important the models into Unreal just to see if they read well and if I’d need to make any changes in the actual textures or if it could be modified in a material. It was a bit back and forth for some aspects but it was good for me to check instead of just assuming they were okay and waiting till the last minute to realize they weren’t.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...