Monday, February 22, 2021

Game Production - Character Bust #5

 

My textures were pretty far along with the only remaining large portion being the gold. All the gold objects were done at the same time for the sake of uniformity and I was keen to ensure that the gold read well on the clothing and didn’t look too garish. The vast majority of the model has its roughness set to 1 so with the gold I got to play around with what level of roughness would suit gold on clothing. The metallic was immediately set to 1 do it was truly up to the roughness to determine the material outcome. I ended up going for a more cloudy kind of gold, setting the roughness to about 0.4, which I felt matched the stylization I was aiming for best.


After some minor touches, I finished the textures and went back into 3DS Max to give my bust a simple rig for posing. Since the model doesn’t have a full body, the posing wouldn’t be extreme so I kept the rigging and skinning simple in kind. There were no real challenges with rigging and I was able to quickly finish before posing him subtly to import into Unreal Engine 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...