Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Game Production - Backyard #7

 

Continuing with my backyard slice, I spent some time planning out a trim sheet to use for my wood and metal assets. I thought using a trim sheet would be more efficient than having two separate texture sheets since the wooden and metallic objects I had left weren’t so complex that they needed to be un-wrapped uniquely, a tiling texture would suit them fine. 

I sculpted out the trim sheet in Zbrush, dividing the plane into 4 sections of wood and 1 section of metal. It was a fairly simple sculpting process since the techniques I’d learnt from creating the door and window shutters were essentially repeated here. The texturing and baking were done in Substance Painter and I was able to quickly apply the texture to a chamfered cube to form the wooden plank that I needed. The 4 wood divisions on my trim sheet allowed me to add a bit more variation within the wooden planks so it wasn’t obvious that they were all the copies of the same objects.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditional Art - Aircraft Study #12

  My aircraft thumbnail sketches were created with the aim to sort out composition. The aircraft I’d chosen to draw was quite small in size ...